WBO World Featherweight Championship Contest – Purse Bid – Oscar Valdez vs. Shakur Stevenson
Luis Batista Salas, Esq.
WBO Championship Committee
July 24th 2019
Mr. Bob Arum
Top Rank Promotions
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Re: WBO FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP CONTEST – PURSE BID
OSCAR VALDEZ VS. SHAKUR STEVENSON
As per Section 11 through 14 of the enclosed copy of the WBO Regulations of World Championship Contests (www.wboboxing.com), please be advised that a Purse Bid will be held at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Friday, August 2nd, 2019, at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, Kissimmee, Florida, United States of America.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando
Lake Buena Vista South
4955 Kyngs Heath Road,
Kissimmee, Florida, 34746
Telephone: +1 (407) 597-4000
Pursuant to our WBO Regulations of World Championship Contests on Purse Bid procedures, kindly:
The Minimum acceptable bid for the WBO Featherweight Division is $150,000.00 (One-Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars).
WBO President Francisco Valcárcel, Esq. will preside purse bid proceedings.
Kindly note the following provisions:
1. If the Champion is injured and depending on the type of injury and the needed recovery time, the WBO Championship Committee, in accordance to the WBO Regulations, will decide if the title is vacated or an interim championship is ordered.
2. If the Challenger is injured or refuses to fight, he loses his position in the rankings and the WBO World Championship Committee can determine the next available contender, or it can order an Elimination bout with the two best available contenders, and the Champion can be permitted a Voluntary bout.
3. Signed contracts shall be filed to the WBO Offices within five (5) days upon the adjudication of the Purse Bid.
Section 13 (a) subsections (1) (A) and (B) of the WBO Regulations of World Championship Contests provides:
1. The Purse for Championship Contests held and completed pursuant to Purse Bids shall
be distributed as follows:
(1) CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH AN EXISTING CHAMPION
(a) In fights for the Title between the Champion and the Mandatory Challenger held in the country of origin, residence or nationality of the Champion, the Champion shall receive 75% of the purse and the Challenger shall receive the remaining 25%.
(b) In fight for the Title held in any other country, the Champion shall receive 80% of the purse and the Challenger shall receive the remaining 20%.
Please be advised that the parties must comply fully with the WBO Regulations of World Championship Contests regarding Purse Bid procedures.
Luis Batista Salas, Esq.
Cc: Francisco “Paco” Valcárcel, Esq.
Frank Espinoza/Espinoza Boxing
Patrick English, Esq./Team Valdez
Carl Moretti/Top Rank