Mayweather Rejects Pacquiao’s 50-50 Proposal For May 5
WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (42-0, 26KOs) is apparently not on board with WBO king Manny Pacquiao’s request for a 50/50 revenue split, which pertains to a potential May 5th mega-fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. As previously reported, Mayweather recently made a direct phone call to Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz, who placed Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38KOs) on the phone with the undefeated star from Las Vegas. Pacquiao told Mayweather that a 50-50 split would seal the deal on a possible May fight.
But, during the latest episode of ESPN’s Sportscenter, Mayweather was quoted as saying the following:
“He asked about a 50/50 split and I told him no, that can’t happen, but what can happen is you can make more money fighting me than you have made in your career. I also let him know I’m in control on my side but he needs to get on the same page as his promoter so we can make this fight happen.”
If Mayweather does not agree to a 50-50 split, then Pacquiao will likely return on June 9th at temporary outdoor venue near the Las Vegas Strip.
Expect more in the coming days..
By Chris Robinson